2012-2015 LESD-LCEA Master Contract
The agreement was ratified in May of 2012.
Go to Documents to view a copy of the agreement.
- In line with last year's agreement to implement compressed salary schedules, about half of our members (i.e. employees hired before January 31, 2011 and not already at the top of their range) will effectively receive a 2-4% incraese. There will be no step increases and no COLA for 2012-2013; however, contract negotiations for salary and insurance benefits will reopen in March 2013 to discuss the remaining two years of the contract.
- There will be a $25.00 increase in the insurance cap, and we will continue to draw on the opt-out pool, which brings that cap to an estimated $1,035.00.
- We will negotiate working calendars (cut days) in a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), at which time we will have more information about how the larger local distrcts are approaching steps/COLA. This MOU would be voted on by membership.
- The Sick Leave Bank will raise its maximum draw from 30 to 40 days in order to better cover gaps in wages until an employee is eligible for long-term disability coverage.
- The tuition assistance bank will double to $4000.00.
There are a number of additional issues that will be handled by processes outside of the contract (as detailed in the Spring 2012 newsletter).